As you begin your educational journey, you will become acquainted with the Profiles of Learning for Undergraduate Success in your general education courses and first-year experiences. The Profiles provide a foundation as you progress through your programs, choose out-of-class experiences, and prepare for your future.
The Profiles will:
- Provide you with four major areas of knowledge and skills to prepare for a career, further education, community participation, and lifelong learning
- Offer you a unique education that incorporates campus values such as engaged learning, civic engagement, diversity, global learning, and other initiatives for which our campus is nationally recognized, including innovation, service learning, and civic engagement
- Give you opportunities to develop knowledge and skills that positively impact your engagement and well-being throughout your future career
- Enhance your learning both inside and outside of the classroom as well as through internships, student employment, research, study abroad, club leadership, theatre and performance, community-based projects, and many other opportunities on and near campus
- Prepare you with knowledge and skills that employers seek when recruiting future employees, not just for your first job, but for your entire career